Saturday, April 26, 2014

Back to Travel (Agent)

Many years ago I was a travel agent for one of the largest travel companies in the New York metropolitan area.  But my "travel career" began many years prior when I worked as a reservations agent for TWA.  A few years later I was hired at a travel agency in northern NJ that specialized in corporate travel. With a year's experience behind me, I left there and was hired by the large travel company's corporate travel division and eventually became manager of that division.  I left travel and went into real estate sales in Rockland County NY.  With the love of travel still running deep in me, I went back to the same company, but this time in the retail (storefront) sector.  I loved it!  However, that was a temporary stay and we soon moved to Florida where I once again, went into real estate sales.  Here I am 20+ years later and I am headed back into the travel industry!  I keep going full circles!

During my "hiatus" from travel, I have helped countless friends and family with travel plans - not to mention all the trips my husband and I have taken over our 40+ years together!  I've planned honeymoons, vacations, weekend getaways and more. Now, I hope to do even more vacation planning for family, friends and referrals with greater access to itineraries and pricing to suit each one!  As I get further along on my re-entry into travel, I will keep you posted.

In the meantime, if you are looking to make your travel plans, look over some of my suggestions: start with my blog's "search" by country or city to find where we've visited, tourist info links, airlines we've flown, cruises we've taken, hotels we've been and places we've dined.  Don't overlook the videos and pictures - they tell as much as the written word.  There is a good amount of information in the 120+ blog posts.

Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment