Sunday, February 23, 2014

Getting Closer...

Well, I am less than 2 weeks away from arriving back to France...specifically the Cote d'Azur area. Weather has been improving and temps are in the high 60s to low 70s with bright sun and spectacular blue skies....ahhhh
Shopping at Carrefour
Shopping at Carrefour
Upon arrival we'll hit the huge super-store called Carrefour. It is the French version of a super-Walmart. It has clothing, appliances, miscellaneous sundries, auto supplies, sporting goods, and the best food section ever! The aisles, yes aisles, of cheeses make my knees go weak. Then the produce section is so large and so abundant, that what is left of strength in my knees can barely hold me up I am so weak with delight! Oh my!!
Food aside, we will be meeting with our French neighbors upon arrival...double kisses and many questions about family, health and life. Oh how nice! Within a few days we will set out for the gourmet food and wine festival. As mentioned in my earlier post, this is THE event we look forward to attending every year. This year we will be going with our non-French neighbors - a couple who live in Holland. We've made wonderful friends of our neighbors - friends that one keeps for life!
Next writing will be from France!

No comments:

Post a Comment